- (1 1/2 cups) Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 Small onion
- 1/2 cup Chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 cups of chicken broth. (Ask us how to make your own. Very tasty and healthy!)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1.In a medium bowl, mix together ½ cup breadcrumbs, onion, egg, parsley, parmesan, and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add the turkey and hand-mix until combined. Place the 1 cup of breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Roll the meat mixture into eighteen 1½ inch balls, then roll in the bread crumb mixture to coat.
2. Start heating a pot of water for noodles.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes.
4. Lower the heat to medium-low; add 2 cups chicken broth and cover. Add broth as needed, as it cooks down. Keep enough broth in the skillet to maintain a sauce. Gently stir to keep from sticking. Some of the bread crumbs will become part of the sauce.
5. While cooking your dish, start cooking your noodles of choice.
6. Cook until the internal temperature is 150 degrees, about 20 minutes. Add broth to have enough sauce at the consistency that you prefer. I had enough broth to cover about 3/4 of the meatballs. See photo below.
7. Spread the meatballs and sauce over the noodles and enjoy.
We love this dish and it's one of our favorites. We hope you enjoy it, and if you do, please leave a note below.