- (1 1/2 cups) Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 Small onion
- 1/2 cup Chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- (Ask us how to make your own. Very tasty and healthy!) 2-3 cups of chicken broth
- Salt & Pepper
1. In a medium bowl, mix together ½ cup breadcrumbs, the onion, egg, parsley, parmesan, and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add the turkey and mix until combined. Place the remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Roll the meat mixture into eighteen 1 ½ inch balls, then roll in the bread crumb mixture to coat.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low; add ½ cup chicken broth and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add the remaining chicken broth in ¼ cup increments until the meatballs are cooked through about 20 minutes. Add broth to have enough sauce and the consistency that you prefer.